An AV Technician is required to be based at one of our client sites in London. This individual will need to develop into the role highlight below, with a view to providing support of fully integrated conference rooms, boardrooms and large complex environments such as auditoriums. The Technician interfaces daily with the customer and acts as an extension of their team. His/her responsibilities generally include the operation and functional testing of all AV and integrated conference room components/equipment. The Technician works in cooperation with the customer’s management team in support of their equipment and user community.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Onsite AV Technician’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Act as the senior team member when providing support to the client’s London location
• Ensure all audio visual and media services are delivered to the business in a professional and efficient manner
• Deliver a ‘white glove’ level of customer support to all end users
• Offer support and assistance to clients both virtually and in person
• Drive event support including set up and operation of AV equipment
• Evaluating the end user requirement’s regarding all internal events
• Setup and teardown of all scheduled onsite meetings
• Provide business as usual support & training to internal and external clients
• Assist and support the client in the use of fixed and portable AV equipment
• Ensure all video conferencing requirements for the client are met in full
• Be the driving force when ensuring all equipment on-site is maintained and kept in working order with all faults reported via the onsite procedures
• Liaising with remote offices in respect to the setup of video conferencing calls
• Develop and maintain the daily system checks to ensure equipment and room functionality
• Performs remote testing for local and regional offices
• Carry out first and second line troubleshooting to AV equipment and rooms within time constraints
• Work closely with the helpdesk and field service engineers, where required
• Performs other AV-related tasks as directed by the client
• Working closely with various manufacturers to arrange and repair system equipment
• Maintain total confidentiality relating to information received for presentations and broadcasts etc.
• Where required and the ensure support continues, follow daily handover processes
Work Experience (Advantageous)
• Experience of supporting a variety of AV spaces
• Strong working knowledge of industry standard video conferencing platforms
• Strong working knowledge and exposure to industry standard VMR service providers
• Experience of working with corporate VIP’s
• Experience of running the AV aspect of presentations for high profile meetings
• Be organised and flexible with the ability to approach different types of tasks during the working day
• Excellent customer service skills with previous experience of dealing with ‘ALL’ level executives advantageous
• Being able to prioritise and work under pressure is essential
• Be competent to a high level of computer literacy
• Be available and flexible to work overtime if required
• Capable of good communication skills both verbal and written, being able to communicate with company executives to building contractors
• Be able to work to the highest quality standards with attention to detail ensuring that we complete our work thoroughly, never walking away from a problem.
• A reliable, conscientious character who takes pride in what they do and completing tasks on time
• Ability to deal with difficult situations
• Willing to undertake training and examinations to improve their technical knowledge.
• The role is a 40-hour week between the hours of 07.00 – 19.00, Monday to Friday.
• The role and associated hours will work alongside a rota
• Flexible hours may be required to provide cover.
• Working hours are subject to change to meet future requirements.
Occasional Out of Hours work and/or Bank Holiday work may be required. Overtime can be claimed by prior arrangement and must be accurately logged and communicated.
Pension & Healthcare
Pension and Healthcare benefits will be offered after the successful completion of a probationary period.
Smart office attire
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.